We are calling all bloggers to join us in a RARE disease focused blog hop on Monday, January 30th which will be 30 days before World RARE Disease Day.
What is a blog hop?
A blog hop is when bloggers write about a common theme/topic on a specific date. The hosting blog (which will be us) will promote all participating blogs and each participating blog includes links to the other blogs within their own post enabling readers to hop from blog to blog. Our blog hop theme is RARE disease awareness and specifically for calling attention to upcoming World RARE Disease day and outlining ways people can get involved.
How will this work?
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know that you will participate. Deadline to enter is Monday, January 23rd.
- Write your blog post but don’t publish until Monday, January 30th. Click here to download our Blog Hop content sheet which you can use for your post but personalize with your own story and perspective.
- We will provide you a list of links (to other participating bloggers) that you add to the end of your post which will allow readers to easily “hop” from blog to blog.
- Tell your Twitter and Facebook followers/friends about your participation in the blog hop. Tweet with us @GlobalGenes and use #1MIL4RARE. Tag us on Facebook @GlobalGenesProject.
- Remember please do not publish your post until January 30th.
Why Are We Doing This?
The RARE Project exists to raise rare disease awareness, unify, equip and empower a vibrant global rare disease community and fund innovations to support “in-their-lifetime” rare disease research. We have pledged to unite 1 Million for RARE in 2012. Download our Blog Hop content sheet to read some of the astonishing statistics around rare disease. We hope you will sign up to blog with us. If you are not a blogger, you can still participate and help us raise awareness just by reading and sharing blog posts on January 30th.