Join RDLA and 200 rare disease advocates in Washington, DC for Rare Disease Day – Week, February 26th – 27th 2013.
The Conference and Lobby Day are free and open to the public. Click Here to Register Today!
Need financial assistance to help cover your travel costs? Click here to apply for a $500 travel scholarship.
The Legislative Conference will be held Tuesday, February 26th
In the Ballroom at the National Press Club
529 14th Street Northwest, Washington, DC 20045
Near the White House & Metro Center
Registration and Continental Breakfast from at 8:30-9:15 am
The Lobby Day will be held Wednesday, February 27th
7:00 -8:30 am Lobby Training Breakfast: The Washington Club, 15 Dupont Circle, NW, Washington DC
Once registered, RDLA will contact your Members of Congress on your behalf to request meetings for the Lobby Day on Wednesday February 27th. You will have between three and five meetings with Members of Congress or their staff.
Palomar Hotel, by Kimpton, located in Dupont Circle is offering a discounted room rate of $183/night for Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. There are a limited number of rooms available at the discounted rate. Please click here to book your room today.
The Rare Disease Legislative Conference and Lobby Day has five main goals:
- Educate patient advocates about the legislative and appropriations process
- Inform Congress about rare diseases and the many different needs of the patient community
- Build lasting relationships with Members of Congress and their staff
- Ensure that the needs of rare disease patients are considered in future legislation and policy
- Empower patient advocates to take an active role in the democratic process