Date: 3/3/2013—1:00 p.m.
Organization: Jonah’s Just Begun
Location: A top secret location in the Park Slope, Brooklyn area, but register to participate in the Flash Mob and you’ll be privy to the exact location.
Did you know that there are approximately 7,000 rare diseases affecting more than 10 million Americans? Did you know that half of these are pediatric diseases? Did you know that 1/3 of the children suffering them won’t live past age five? And did you know that there are only 400 treatments for these diseases?
World Rare Disease Day (WRDD) was created to raise awareness for all rare diseases worldwide. Rare diseases actually aren’t so rare, and curing them requires the strength of our numbers. So please come out to help support our cause by participating in one of our biggest events of 2013– our First Annual World Rare Disease Day Flash Mob!
HOW TO PARTICIPATE:
- Register to participate in the Flash Mob.
- View the dance routine in our YouTube video and learn the choreography with the video’s simple, step-by-step instructions.
- Come to one or more of our dance rehearsals (listed below) and practice the moves live with our choreographer and other Flash Mob participants. We have several rehearsal times set up from now until the Flash Mob performance on March 3rd. You don’t have to attend them all. You can practice at home.
- Attend the last rehearsal on February 24th, when we will polish the routine and hand out the schedule and logistics for the day of the event.
REHEARSAL TIMES & LOCATIONS: There are currently five scheduled dance practices. You can attend just one or all five. The only required rehearsal is on February 24th.
- January 20th, 2:00pm @ Work Space
- January 27th, 2:00pm @ Work Space
- February 8th, 6:30-8:00pm @ PS321
- February 17th, 2:00pm @ Shelter Studios & Theater
- February 24th, 2:00pm @ Shelter Studios & Theater
275 Prospect Park West (corner of 17th)
Shetler Studios & Theater:
244 West 54th St. (between Broadway and 8th Avenue)
12th Floor Pent House 1