Join The Immune Deficiency Foundation for a Weekend Retreat for People Living with PI!
This year’s event takes place in Portland, Oregon on September 5th-7th at the Embassy Suites in Portland Downtown.
Learn – Connect
Be a Part of the IDF Community
IDF Retreats are weekend gatherings designed with everyone in the primary immunodeficiency community in mind—including you! Patients, parents, siblings, children and partners are encouraged to attend and learn how to develop better approaches to living with primary immunodeficiency. Plus, you can connect with others going through similar experiences and have some fun!
Learn from Experts
You will learn the latest information about the treatment and management of primary immunodeficiency diseases from leading physicians and healthcare professionals. You can get your questions answered about everyday concerns during panel discussions with experts in their fields. For the younger members of the community, the youth and teen programs offer both education and fun.
Connect with Others
Whether you are newly diagnosed or have been living with a primary immunodeficiency disease for years, IDF Retreats offers you an opportunity to connect with others. Enjoy an atmosphere where you can build relationships with others who share common experiences, therapies and feelings.
At the Retreats,
- Discover more about primary immunodeficiencies, your immune system, and immunological testing.
- Gain knowledge about therapies – immunoglobulin replacement, antibiotic and antifungal therapies, and bone marrow transplantation.
- Find out how to manage living with a chronic illness.
- Understand how to work with your health insurance provider.
- Take advantage of the Ask the Expert sessions to get your questions answered.
- Join an age specific group and enjoy age-appropriate activities presented by healthcare professionals, educators and IDF staff.
- Participate in a wide range of fun, interactive games and gatherings to learn about the immune system, gain life skills and understand PI.
- Attend sessions that will challenge and develop their creativity while learning how their lives can be healthy and fulfilling.
- Connect with other youth living with PI.
- Have a great time!
Michael Barrett, MD
Kaiser PermanenteManish Butte, MD, PhD
Stanford University School of MedicineRobert Lawrence, MD
Kaiser PermanenteHans Ochs, MD
University of Washington School of MedicineJennifer Puck, MD
University of California – San Francisco
University of California – San DiegoJohn Seymour, PhD, LMFT
Minnesota State University – MankatoSuzanne Skoda-Smith, MD
University of Washington School of Medicine
M. Elizabeth Younger, CRNP, PhD
Johns Hopkins Hospital
*Scheduled to present and subject to change. Additional presenters may be added.
Treat yourself and family to one of these fantastic weekend retreats!
Individual – $115
(1 person, includes one hotel room)
Family – $195
(2-4 persons, includes one hotel room)
Family – $325
(5-8 persons, includes two hotel rooms)
Registration is now open!
Space is limited and will be assigned on a first-come, first-served basis. Registration is all inclusive and covers your hotel room for 2 nights, meals (Friday dessert reception, Saturday breakfast, lunch and dinner, Sunday breakfast) and programming. A limited number of scholarships are available.
For more information about scholarships or other retreat information, please contact IDF at 800-296-4433 or click here to e-mail IDF.
The IDF Retreats are supported by charitable donations from Baxter International Inc., CSL Behring, Grifols,
IgG America\ASD Healthcare\US Bioservices, Octapharma and Vidara Therapeutics.