Christina Grimmie, 2015 Macy’s iHeart Radio Rising Star Contest Winner,Among the Many Join Forces to Support the Fight Against RARE Disease
2nd Annual DENIM Dash 5k for Rare Disease
Wednesday, March 23, 2016
Race Kick-Off: 4pm
Post Race Finish Line Party: 5pm-7pm
Global Genes Headquarters
28 Argonaut, Suite 150, Aliso Viejo, CA 92656
- GlobalGenes™ is gearing up for the 2nd annual worldwide virtual DENIM Dash 5K for Rare Disease March 19 – 27.
- Hundreds of local supporters are expected to participate in the Southern California Global Genes 5k at the non-profit organization’s headquarters in Aliso Viejo, California, on Wednesday, March 23, 4 p.m.
- Many organizations and businesses will join the race in support of the local organization, including CorePower Yoga, who will offer complimentary pre-dash stretching to warm-up the participants. The DENIM Dash begins and ends at Global Genes headquarters, with a post-race finish line party including entertainment, food trucks and takeaways.
- Global Genes developed the DENIM Dash 5k in efforts to offer rare disease supporters from around the world the opportunity to come together and participate in one unifying event. In its first year the DENIM Dash 5k raised over $60,000 from participants across 7 countries and 46 states.
- DENIM Dash 2016 net proceeds will go directly into the Rare Disease Community through Global Genes’ RARE Patient Impact Grant.
- Confirmed celebrity appearances for the Aliso Viejo race include 2015 Macy’s iHeart Radio Rising Star Contest Winner, Christina Grimmie, who will meet and “dash” with fans that join her DENIM Dash team. Register for Team Grimmie: https://www.crowdrise.com/christinagrimmie-DenimDash
- Celebrity participants for the virtual weeklong race include Bryce Dallas Howard, Jason Ritter, Madison Mclaughlin, and many more.
- Race Registration: crowdrise.com/denimdash.
To request media credentials to cover the Southern California race, please contact Tori Elder of The ACE Agency at (702) 413-8625, email@example.com.
About Global Genes – Allies in Rare Disease
Global Genes is a leading global rare disease patient advocacy organization. The group’s mission is to eliminate the challenges of rare disease. They build awareness, educate the global community, and provide critical connections and resources that equip advocates to become activists for their disease. Recognized worldwide by the Blue Denim GenesRibbon™, Global Genes unites experts, advocates and patients of all ages to stand together in hope for treatments and cures for the estimated 7,000 rare and genetic diseases that impact approximately 30 million Americans and over 350 million people worldwide.