Join Congenital Hyperinsulinism International during their Sugar Shindig this Saturday, October 8th 2016. This year’s event honors Dr. Paul Thornton and Dr. John Kinzell.
- Museum entry (lunch included), underwritten by our generous sponsors
- Hors d’oeuvres, assorted desserts, coffee and bar provided during program. Bar remains open through concert.
- Concert ticket: seating for 1, concert only
- Program ticket: seating for 1, program only
- VIP Admission: seating for 1, program and concert
- Table: seating for 10 and program
- VIP Table: seating for 10, program and concert
CHI, a 501(c)(3), is a lifeline to families living with HI and diabetes. CHI is the global organization dedicated to raising awareness of the condition to prevent brain damage and death in HI patients, supporting work leading to better treatments and a cure, and improving the quality of life for all HI patients.
The family fun day will include a Texas BBQ lunch, a live auction of baked items from locally renowned pastry chefs and cake makers, and music from international recording artist and HI dad, Hamilton Loomis (below left). Attendees will also have access to the fabulous exhibits and hands-on activities throughout the museum.
During the Sugar Shindig program, lead author of the recently published hypoglycemia guidelines for infants and children and the Medical Director and Endowed Chair of the Cook Children’s Hyperinsulinism Center, Dr. Paul Thornton (below right) will speak on the importance of adopting guidelines for the management and evaluation of prolonged hypoglycemia. This work, done in conjunction with the world’s leading experts in pediatric endocrinology, is VITAL to reducing brain damage and death from the condition.