The Rare Disease Legislative Associates are excited to host patients, caregivers, physicians and other advocates from across the country at Rare Disease Week on Capitol Hill 2017. There are new members of the U.S. House of Representatives and Senate who need to hear from members of their community impacted by rare disease. Join us to educate the new Congress and help shape healthcare policy to better meet the needs of the rare disease community.
Please mark your calendar for the following events, all of which are free for rare disease advocates:
- Monday, February 27th, 5:30-9:30pm: Cocktail Reception and Rare Disease Documentary Screeningpresented by Vertex Pharmaceuticals featuring Up for Air at the Naval Heritage Center
- Tuesday, February 28th, 9am-5pm: Legislative Conference presented by Horizon Pharma at FHI 360
- Wednesday, March 1st, 7-8:30am: Lobby Day Breakfast at Hyatt Regency on Capitol Hill
- Wednesday, March 1st, 9am-5pm: Lobby Day Meetings with Members of Congress on Capitol Hill
- Wednesday, March 1st, 5-7pm: Rare Artist Reception in the Rayburn House Office Building Foyer
- Thursday, March 2nd, 12-1:30pm: Rare Disease Congressional Caucus Briefing presented by Amgen in the U.S. Capitol Visitor Center
Registration will open on January 4, 2017.
Introductory Webinar on December 7th
We encourage anyone interested in attending Rare Disease Week on Capitol Hill to join us for a webinar on Wednesday, December 7th, at 2pm ET for an overview of the events and the opportunity to ask questions. You can register HERE.
Applications for Travel Stipends Due by December 18th
The EveryLife Foundation for Rare Diseases will provide travel stipends to enable advocates from across the country to participate. In order to receive a stipend, advocates must attend the Legislative Conference and Lobby Day. Stipends range from $300 to $1,000 depending on the distance to be traveled, and are limited to one per family. Applications are available online through December 18th.