Patients with rare diseases miss out on many things, but their education shouldn’t be one of them.
That’s why Horizon Pharmaceuticals and Global Genes have teamed up for a rare opportunity. They are holding a scholarship contest exclusively for patients with Nephropathic Cystinosis. This disease affects approximately 500 people in the US and just 2,000 worldwide. The nephropathic, also known as the classic infantile, form of the disease is the most common and severe. However thanks to ongoing treatment and research, these patients can now expect to live well into adulthood and so the need to prepare themselves for ongoing education has created a need.
“Global Genes always looks to partner with organizations that are innovative and doing what is right by the patient,” said Global Genes Founder and CEO, Nicole Boice. “This opportunity with Horizon Pharma is designed for nephropathic cystinosis patients that are passionate about learning. We are offering scholarships to help spark an inspiration through education and offer patients a chance to develop into leaders within their communities.”
HNCS gives Nephropathic Cystinosis patients the opportunity to learn something new, and empower them to grow as individuals.
Are you a patient diagnosed with Nephropathic Cystinosis? Have you always wanted to learn something new? Maybe your dream is to become a CPA, master chef, learn a new language, take a dance class, or see the world through a lens. This opportunity is designed for you to take what you are passionate about and learn more. We are offering Scholarships to help you spark an inspiration through a learning opportunity and develop yourself into a leader in the community. (Read the full press release here.)
Rules & Regulations:
- Must be diagnosed with Nephropathic Cystinosis (download HCP form here)
- Employees/affiliates or their children of Horizon Pharma or Global Genes are not eligible to apply
- Must submit proof of enrollment in course
- You can apply retrospectively to January 1, 2017 for applicable support
- Maximum scholarship amount is $5,000.00USD per applicant, with a maximum of $50,000.00USD to be distributed
- Learning opportunities are open to patients of all ages in college, trade school, beauty school, vocational school, special interest courses (dance, archery, painting, pottery, etc.), or enrolled in life skill trainings and seminars.
To apply, please submit a fully completed application with your attached HCP Form and course invoice to be considered. We are accepting applications on a rolling basis, so submit your application ASAP to join in on this amazing opportunity!