Spread the Word: The Shire BRAVE Awards Are Coming
April 4, 2013
The Shire BRAVE Awards 2013 are here and nominations are now being accepted through June 30, 2013!
The BRAVE Awards is an annual awareness campaign that recognizes and honors everyday people who distinguish themselves as a caregiver to another individual(s) in a meaningful, dedicated and selfless manner, demonstrating the brave spirit of Shire’s culture and values.
This year, we’ve increased the number of countries eligible to participate in the BRAVE Awards program to 19— Australia, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Luxemburg, the Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, the United Kingdom and the United States.
The successful implementation of the BRAVE Awards is only possible with community-wide support! So here is how you can help SHARE the WORD about the BRAVE Awards:
1. Get the Facts– take the time to visit the BRAVE Awards website to learn more about the program and read about past recipients, taking special note of the FAQ section, which has helpful, comprehensive information on the program.
2. Discuss with Your Team– have the BRAVE Awards as an agenda item for your next team meeting to explore ways that you as a team, or as individuals, can communicate about the program internally and externally.
3. Spread the Message– think about the different audiences you connect with and consider informing them about the BRAVE Awards. Set a goal for yourself to speak with at least three people about the BRAVE Awards– your neighbors, friends, faith-based organizations, professional societies, advocacy organizations and others.
- Eligible nominees must be at least 18 years of age, be an active caregiver, and be a non-professional caregiver (doctors, nurses, and other health care professionals do not qualify for an Award and should not be nominated; however, they can nominate caregivers).
- Shire employees, contractors, agents and their immediate families are not eligible to nominate a caregiver or be nominated for a BRAVE Award.
- A Selection Committee consisting of Shire employees and representatives of international caregivers’ organizations will select up to twenty (20) recipients: ten from the Americas (Brazil, Canada and the U.S.) and ten from Europe/Australia.
- If you have any questions or ideas, please reach out to [email protected].
Sign up for updates straight to your inbox.