Health insurance coverage for patients with rare diseases has undergone significant changes in recent years. At the forefront are changes in how the insurance industry designs and delivers benefits and new coverage options created by the Affordable Care Act.
Whether you are continuing with an existing insurance plan or newly enrolling in a Marketplace plan or Medicaid, there are lingering questions about how plans will function and what individuals living with rare diseases can expect from these new insurance options.
Find out how you can better evaluate what option is best suited for your individual needs by viewing this webinar’s recording. You’ll learn about the different types of health insurance and emerging trends in benefit design and affordability for individuals with rare diseases.
The webinar will help you:
- Better understand health insurance and the roles of individuals, insurance plans, employers, and government
- Learn how health insurance has changed in recent years
- Determine how to be evaluate plans to meet your needs as a rare disease patient or caregiver
- Larry LaMotte, Immune Deficiency Foundation
- Joel White, Horizon Government Affairs
- James Romano, Patient Services Incorporated (PSI)
- Michael Illions, Pediatric Hydrocephalus Foundation