World Rare Disease Day is an annual observance held on the last day of February (February 28th or February 29th in a Leap Year) to raise awareness for rare disease and improve access to treatments and medical representation for individuals with rare and genetic diseases and their families.
This year World Rare Disease Day will be held on Tuesday, February 28, 2017. On this day, various activities take place around the world and we want to know what you will be doing to celebrate rare!
Hosting an event?
Share your details here.
Do you want to plan a Wear That You Care® or World Rare Disease Day event in your local community?
Do you want to host your own event? Download our World Rare Disease Day event planning presentation!
- Educational institutes (elementary schools, middle school, high schools, universities, etc.)
- Community groups (clubs, family, general public, etc.)
- Businesses (small offices to large corporations)
- Legislative events (Federal, state, and local representation)
Join Awareness Events in your community
- Click here to attend one of the many events being held in the United States and around the world!
For more information, please contact us at GlobalGenes@globalgenes.org.