New Webinar on Patient Navigation: Care Coordination Meets Peer Support
July 28, 2016
Patient Navigation: Care Coordination Meets Peer Support
Tuesday, August 2, 12:00 EST – 1:00 EST
Our healthcare system isn’t built to respond to the holistic needs of individuals and families with complex conditions. Navigating the world of mass information, misinformation, and fragmented care, families face significant challenges. Patient navigation is an intervention that integrates case management and peer support to address local and systemic obstacles to care. Programs in patient navigation can help individuals and families to access programs and services, communicate with providers, and transition from pediatric to adult care. This webinar will present on models of patient navigation programs that have been implemented across sites and settings.
This webinar will cover:
- Best practices in patient navigation
- Core components across different models
- Lessons learned from implementation
- A vision for the future
- Brad Thompson, Director of the Parent Partner Project
- Pattie Archuleta, Family Coordinator of Parents’ Place of Maryland
- Jodie Vento, Director of the Center for Rare Disease Therapy
- Michelle Jiggetts, Parent Navigation Coordinator, Parent Navigation Program at D.C. Children’s National Medical Center
- Sarah Roth, Program Coordinator at Genetic Alliance
Sign up for updates straight to your inbox.