Join Rare Disease Legislative Advocates, Global Genes Project and 200+ rare and genetic disease advocates in Washington, DC for numerous activities leading up to World Rare Disease Day 2013.
This year’s event adds a Legislative Conference to educate advocates about the legislative and political process and gives advocates the tools to build relationships with Members of Congress, and work with stakeholders to build coalitions and introduce legislation.
RDLA Cocktail Reception and Film Screening
Monday, Feb. 25
- Kick off World Rare Disease Day activities in Washington DC with RDLA’s 3rd Annual Cocktail Reception & Documentary Film Screening featuring Here.Us.Now. commissioned by the Kauffman Foundation
- Location: Carnegie Institution of Science, 1530 P Street Northwest, Washington DC
- 5:00 pm – Cocktail Reception
- 6:30 pm – Movie Screening
- 8:00 pm – Panel Discussion to include Dr. Christopher Austin, Director, National Center for Advancing Translational Sciences (NCATS) at NIH
- Event is free and open to the public. Register here.
Tuesday, Feb. 26
- Please visit RDLA for more information on registration and agenda.
Wednesday, Feb. 27
- Registration is closed. For more information, please contact RDLA.
- Training breakfast morning of Lobby Day from 7:00-8:30 am at The Washington Club, 15 Dupont Circle, NW, Washington DC.
Rare Disease Day at the National Institutes of Health
Thursday, Feb. 28 – Friday Mar. 1
- Join 2-day-long celebration with NIH, FDA and patient advocacy organizations at NIH campus
- Event is free and open to the public and will be held in Natcher Auditorium (Building 45) from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. on Thursday and from 8:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. on Friday
- NIH encourage all attendees to wear their favorite pair of jeans and Global Genes Project will be handing out Genes Ribbons
- Palomar Hotel, by Kimpton, located in Dupont Circle, is offering a discounted room rate of $183/night for Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday (Feb. 25-27).
- A limited number of rooms are available at the discounted rate. Click here to book your room today.