Global Genes is proud to partner with Students Advocates for Neglected Diseases (STAND) to present the third David R. Cox Prize for Rare Compassion, an essay program that connects medical students with the rare patient community.
This Essay Contest will require medical students to connect to and build a relationship with a patient or family affected by a rare disease. The essay submission will document their experience and interaction with their rare patient or family. Winners will receive a cash prize and will have the opportunity to participate in the 2016 RARE Patient Advocacy Summit and Tribute to Champions of Hope in September.
- For medical students wishing to be matched with a rare family, click here.
- For rare disease families wishing to be matched with a medical student, click here.
- Help promote this program with this flyer (download here)
- February 22, 2016 – Family matching requests open
- June 1, 2016 – Essay submissions open
- June 1, 2016 – Family matching requests closed
- August 6, 2016 (11:59 pm PT) – Essay Submissions deadline
- October 4, 2016 – Top 3 winners will be announced
For questions, please email Carrie Ostrea, Senior Advocacy Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org.