3rd Annual Global Klippel-Feil Syndrome Awareness Day this Wednesday, August 6th
August 5, 2014
Klippel-Feil Syndrome is rare, but we have a mighty community that works together to advocate and bring forth change for Klippel-Feil Syndrome. Patients of all ages can bring forth research, care, and knowledge. The skeleton key is our symbol of hope, for a rare skeletal disease. Wear a key. Share a key, and tell someone about KFS! We encourage every ONE affected by KFS, to raise awareness for Klippel-Feil Syndrome on Wednesday, August 6th, 2014.
This years theme is “The POWER of ONE.” Your goal? Do one thing.
Educate ~ Advocate ~ Speak Out ~Share a Skeleton Key ~ Inform ~ Do YOUR thing ~ Do ONE thing! Need some ideas?
1. Contact your local newspaper, radio or news station to share what KFS is, who in your life is affected by it, and how they can celebrate our awareness day!
2. Make copies of our information and informative images. Pass them out at your local neurologists, neurosurgeons, therapists, specialists, doctors and hospitals.
3. Use Twitter, Facebook and other Social Media outlets to share more about our mission!
4. Wear your skeleton key! Our symbol of hope!
5. Whatever you do, take photos and share your efforts! Your ideas will help others!
We want to see your photo’s, and we will help boost your awareness efforts. Remember: no act is too small, but you must act to make an impact! Advocates are key!
Let’s make the unknown KNOWN.
Thanks to Sharon Rose, the Director of Communications at The Klippel-Feil Syndrome Alliance for this post.
Learn more at the Klippel-Feil Syndrome Alliance Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/events/677677312327831/
Sign up for updates straight to your inbox.