Global Genes Awards 14 Patient Organizations through RARE Patient Impact Grant Program
April 13, 2017
Now in its second year, the 2017 RARE Patient Grant Program offers two categories of funding, RARE Innovation and RARE Support. The 2017 grants were awarded to organizations making great progress on the path to finding treatments and cures for rare disease patients.
The RARE Patient Impact Grant program is funded by community donations, individual donors, funds from Global Genes fundraising events such as the Denim Dash, the Tribute to Champions of Hope, and more. Global Genes is committed to growing this signature program each year and making it easier for organizations to apply and receive the critical funding needed. To get involved in a local event, to donate, or to learn more please visit https://globalgenes.org.
Global Genes would like to congratulate the fourteen grant awardees:
- AMEN Support: Empowering Patients through MEN Education
- Bohring-Opitz Syndrome Foundation, Inc.: 2017 BOS Meet Up
- CureDuchenne: Durable Medical Equipment Guide (aka DME Guide)
- PKD Foundation: ARPKD Patient and Caregiver Handbook
- Alport Syndrome Foundation: Ask the Experts Webinar Series
- SBS Cure Project: Medical or Education Travel Grant
- The Marfan Foundation: Conference Scholarship Program
- Platelet Disorder Support Association: ITP Community Network
- Cardio-Facio-Cutaneous International: A Day of Caring at the CFC International Family Conference
- Fibrous Dysplasia Foundation: Expanding Access to the FDF Patient & Family Conference via Livestream
- Cure Sanfilippo Foundation: Development of Global Clinical Guidelines for Sanfilippo Syndrome
- Global Foundation for Peroxisomal Disorders: Zellweger Spectrum Disorder Focus Group Project
- Angioma Alliance: New Mexico CCM Patient Engagement Project
- The Brain Recovery Project: Frog Hand
Global Genes will accept RARE Patient Impact Grant applications for 2018 between June 1, 2017 and September 18, 2017. To learn more about the 2017 RARE Patient Impact Grant awardees and their programs please visit https://globalgenes.org/raregrants.
About Global Genes® – Allies in Rare Disease
Global Genes is a leading global rare disease patient advocacy organization. The mission is to eliminate the challenges of rare disease, by providing patients with educational tools, building awareness, providing critical connections and support to people and resources, and through investment in technologies that will positively impact affected patients and families. Recognized worldwide by the Blue Denim Genes Ribbon™, Global Genes unites experts, advocates and patients of all ages to stand together in hope for treatments and cures for the estimated 7,000 rare and genetic diseases that impact approximately 30 million Americans and over 350 million people worldwide.
Sign up for updates straight to your inbox.